Evoque Forums banner

Just ordered my 2014 Prestige today! I am so excited and would love any tips!

Tags
2014 prestige
11K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  markdartj 
#1 ·
Greetings from WA!

I am so excited to join your club and be an Evoque owner like you all. My Firenze Red Prestige should arrive late Feb. I will update photos when I get it!!!

Any tips or advice? Did you order floor mats, accessories etc. at the dealership or on the web? How about extended warranty? I don't have to make that decision until I take ownership.

Thanks!

-Kendal

#2 ·
First, welcome to the forum!

There have been many posts here about the OEM floor mats. Most who have ordered the OEM mats have been disappointed. I ordered the WeatherTech FloorLiner mats for my MY2013 and they fit
perfectly. Check them out at the WeatherTech web site, and see what you think.

#8 ·
Congrats on the purchase!
I have just joined and I am in the process of figuring out to buy a 2014 or find a slightly second hand 13 model.
do you mind emailing me what kind of deal you got? and what options on the 2014? I just want to get a rough guide of what deals can be had as i dont want to be ripped off.
im guessing you can private msg the details through this forum if that ok???

thanks heaps mate! and congrats again. exciting and will have to be a patient wait until February now!

#9 ·
Hey WA, CA checking in here. The only mat I have for my car thus far is the rear cargo mat, a must I think to preserve carpet back there. I( would never put any kind of "leather treatment" on my car. Damp cloth once a week, then I use Lexol. When I retired my full size range (a 2003) with 95k miles, people used to remark the interior looked like new. Check back when you get it.

#10 ·
That's interesting and good to know. Bucause I ordered the Ivory leather (to blend in with my golden retrievers fur) and am a little nervous about keeping it looking like new. My sales guy highly recommended the leather conditioner tx offered at the dealership. I don't know the name of the product. I just want to do what will be best long term and not get ripped off in the process... -KF

#12 ·
My wife has a sport and a huge Australian Shepard. Though her seats are black, she bought some sort of faux slip-on covers to protect the leather. Honestly doubt a regular "treatment" will stop scratches from a dog's nails. If I were you I'd find the name and google the product and see how people are liking it. My big Range (last to be assembled by BMW) had, I'm pretty sure, vat died leather. The seats in out Evoque are spray dyed, that is color on the surface only. Have seen a couple complaints about it chipping. So if you're going to put a dog in there, I suggest you cover the seat area where he's going to hang out.

#11 ·
I e-mailed you some of the details but there is a big change for the transmission for the 2014. It is going to be a 9speed and a new Four Wheel Drive Active Drive line and redesigned Torque vectoring system. Only minor changes to the esthetics. let me know if you have any other questions. good luck and have fun shopping!

#13 ·
Hi there and congrats nice ride ....I got some tiny general tips to keep your car long last as new :

1- You got a leather seats...so you should keep it as new by
applying leather conditioner + No animals in the car + watch how you and others sit in the car cause you don't wanna the leather to wrinkle quickly !!

2- watch where you put any keys (the plastic or brushed aluminum on the dashboard near gear stick get scratches easily) , also when you fast your seat belt !!
3- Don't park in narrow places and keep a distance from other cars ...you don't wanna get scratches and dents from other cars doors !!
4- the cup holder metal base get scratches easily also.
5- floor mats is a good idea.

It might seems a general tips but with repetitive use these thing could get ugly....enjoy your Evoque
Regards ...

#14 ·
Awesome! Thanks for all the great tips! Is there a special leather conditioner brand you like?

I plan on keeping the dog in the very back hatch area and not on the seats. I want to look for some sort of dog bed/mat to go over a floor mat for that area.

That is good to know about the brushed aluminum scratching easily. I will really make sure to watch our for that.

Thanks again!!!

#17 ·
Couple things about leather. Don't ever use baby wipes on them as they are VERY alkaline and will/can attack the dye. Also, in theory, there are two basic types of leather "conditioners". Those, like Lexol, which penetrate the leather to keep it supple, and those more designed to great a surface "barrier" to especially protect surface dyed leather (almost everything in use today). like "Lederpflege Leather Care", and maybe "Mothers". I tend to use the Lexol maybe once a month (though light cleaning with damp cloth 2 - 3 times a week), alternating with the Lederpflege.

#20 ·
Is the "Resistall" treatment offered by dealer at 1.295K worth it?

New 2014 Pure Premium owner here. Love the car. Just wondering if the RESISTALL treatment (for interior and exterior) worth the $1296.00 extra, or should I pass? I live in NW. I ski in the winter (road grit, salt, etc.) and live in a port town (Anacortes...Seagull poop).

#21 ·
just don't waste your money

New 2014 Pure Premium owner here. Love the car. Just wondering if the RESISTALL treatment (for interior and exterior) worth the $1296.00 extra, or should I pass? I live in NW. I ski in the winter (road grit, salt, etc.) and live in a port town (Anacortes...Seagull poop).
A 25-20$ sealant or wax is enough !! they're trying to rip you off !!

just take this as a rule : Don't buy any extras from the dealer (waxing, seats leather cream even windows tints...etc ) ! they will charge you double or even triple the original price

If you feel you should really do it ,then go to a good independent workshop and you will save at least 500$ !!

#23 ·
Thanks for the advice. I looked up another forum (Edmunds) about Resistall. Apparently, a lot of other car dealers sell it. It is a profit making machine for them, and there are a lot of disclaimers in the fine print. I have already decided to save the 1.2K. As for the original poster, floor mats were mentioned. Mine came with two sets, one rubber and one carpet. The robber ones seem to be of higher quality than the carpet mats. I use them for every day, then switch out for the carpet mats for a night on the town. They look OK, just kind of chintzy looking. But they gave them to me, so what the hey. They also threw in a windshield sun shield, which I've used, and a nice chrome license plate frame. When I went back to get the plates installed (they had to mount the front plinth), I found they did a real quality job. Nice and solid with no rattle. Very happy with my purchase. We were the only sale that day, so we got extra attention I guess. Thank you Jaguar/Land Rover of Seattle. Have received lots of questions and admiration where I live. Only one in town so far. That happened when I bought my Toyota FJ cruiser back in 08 too, now they are everywhere in town. One reason I decided to trade up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.